Last Updated on July 8th, 2016
Our Commitment to Privacy
As described in this policy, we may disclose your personal data with our affiliated companies. This Policy describes the personal data we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it to third parties. This Policy also describes the decisions you can make about how you provide your personal data to us.
If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears at the top. When we change the policy in a material way, we will provide notice via email, regular mail, or posting notices or links to notices on SPIKE’s website.
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Sharing Information We Collect
- Managing Information
- Our use of beacons
- Retention of information
- Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
Information We Collect
We process and store the personal data that we collect from you or you have voluntarily submitted (for instance in forms, to create an account, or elsewhere on websites or for Services operated by us) in electronic or any other form of communication subject to the applicable data protection laws.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you sign up for a SPIKE account and/or you sign in with Facebook Connect to use our Services, when you provide information as part of our identity verification process in the course of a transaction. The information we may collect includes, but is not limited to: basic user information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photograph, and birth date; financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers; and other historical, contact, and demographic information.
We also collect information when you upload or send information to or through the Services about your products and services (including product description, inventory, pricing and other data), participate in contests or promotions offered by SPIKE or our partners, respond to our surveys, or otherwise communicate with us.
SPIKE does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Services. If you believe that SPIKE may have any information about a child under 13, please contact us at customer_supportspike.cc.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
The following describes which information is collected and/or stored by us:
1. Transaction Information.
When you use our Services to make or accept payments, we collect information about when the transactions occurred, a description of the transactions, the payment amounts, billing and shipping information and any other applicable information for payments. We will share a part of the information such as buyers’ addresses, names and phone numbers for shipping purposes and email addresses for communication only with the seller of the items in order to do transactions.
2. Usage data
When you make use of our Services, we automatically save the IP address of the computer; the date as well as the length of the visit at websites and services operated by us, for instance through cookies; as well as pages accessed by you on our operated websites and services as well as the browser used.
3. Email address
We store the email addresses you have submitted to us in electronic or any other form of communication.
4. Information resulting from communication with us
When you submit a ticket or email to our customer support, we collect and save the history of communication with you as well as any personal data submitted by you in the course of the communication (for example the email address), in order to answer your inquiry as best we can. We do not share this information with third parties.
5. Other, voluntarily submitted information about you
We always strive to improve our offerings and services as well as to adapt them to our users. Therefore, you can submit additional personal data to us as part of the use of our Services or in the course of direct communication with us, such as name, address, age, gender, interests and your feedback on Services, You can also allow us to collect and record your usage behavior on partner websites.
Using Information We Collect
To provide you with the best possible customer experience, your personal data is collected, used and/or disclosed, always in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, for the following purposes:
1. Usage data
1.1 Optimization of the Services. We collect, process, and store your personal data, insofar as we see legitimate legal or business purposes for it. In other words, we collect, process, and store your data to better understand your websites and services and thus offer you better services. We can, for instance, not only use the personal data collected for providing you with Services (i.e. use of services, use of customer support), but we can also use it to identify malfunctions and/or misuse of our websites and Services, and to deliver content that aligns with your interest.
1.2 Prevention and combat of abuse. We collect and store your personal data on the use of our websites and Services, such as activity on your website. These include the monitoring of behavior patterns and checking for manipulations that can be useful in detecting misuse or improper activity by you. We use special software, for example, to detect the use of illicit scripts and identify the IP address as well as other data in regard to your usage behavior. If we determine that you violate your contractual obligations, for instance by using illicit scripts, we explicitly reserve the right to bring your data together with other data collected by us to prove the violation. We will then possibly take additional measures against you concerned to restore normal operation.
1.3 Billing of Services. We may share your personal data with our trusted service provider responsible for payment processing insofar as this is required for billing. We also may provide your personal data to third parties authorized to collect outstanding balances, insofar as this information is required or useful to collect the balance. We will inform you of the name of the third party. If we cooperate with third parties for these services, we will obligate them to observe applicable data protection laws.
1.4 Market research. We may use and/or disclose personal data stored by and from you to evaluate demography, interests and user behavior. This occurs anonymously. We may also analyze information stored about you in an anonymous, statistical and aggregate form. If and to the extent to which we use your personal data to create user profiles, we will never share the profiles with third parties without your consent and will immediately cease the use of the user profiles if you object to it.
2. Email address
We may use the email addresses acquired through an offer from us or received directly from you, to send you newsletters and information on our offers. You can withdraw this consent in writing at any time via email. You will have the opportunity in every information and newsletter sent by us to unsubscribe or send a cancellation notice.
3. Miscellaneous, voluntarily submitted information
If you voluntarily share personal data on request by us, then we will use this information with your consent.
Sharing Information We Collect
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential. We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time, but we may share your personal data with the following parties in the following ways:
- We may share your personal data with our trusted third parties who are necessary for the operation of our Services, including without limitation, financial institutions, payment processors, verification services and credit bureaus.
- We may disclose your personal data, without your consent, if the disclosure is necessary or appropriate:
- For any investigation or proceedings by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties; or
- To comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.), or other legal requirements of any government authority; or
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- Potentially to mitigate our liability in any actual or potential lawsuit; or
- As is necessary to protect our rights or property; or
- Is necessary to protect the interests of other users of our Services; or
- To comply with any applicable law, rules, regulation including credit card rules or subpoena or other legal process; or
- To prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- To investigate breach of our Terms of Service
- Personal and pseudonymized user data are used solely by us and not shared with third parties. Third parties receive information about user behavior only without being able to attribute it to a specific person.
- If SPIKE should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if SPIKE should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, SPIKE may be required to disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal information from sellers. It is SPIKE’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions.
- Third parties do not collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use the Services.
- The SPIKE website and the Services we provide do not respond to or recognize web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of their personally identifiable information about users’ online activities over time and across third party sites or apps because the Service does not collect such information.
Managing your Information
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We provide a choice in communication for you so you can receive information from us at your discretion. If you provide us with reasonable written notice, you shall have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to us to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data, with the understanding that we may need to terminate any Account you have with us and prevent you from using the Services, since we must collect and use certain of your personal data to provide the Services;
- Request access to your personal data; and
- Correct any error or omission in your personal data.
Please contact us our inquiry page if you:
- Wish to request access to or correct your personal data or to withdraw consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data; or Have any questions.
- We also communicate with you by promotional email. If you would like to be removed from our promotional email please write to us from our inquiry page. We will process your request within 30 business days.
We will protect your personal data in our possession or under our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure to ensure that you will have a safe online experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal data.
When you enter your personal data on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should generally change from "http" to "https."
If SPIKE learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. SPIKE may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the website. SPIKE may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at customer_supportspike.cc.
Identity thieves sometimes send fraudulent email messages to trick users into divulging personal or financial data (a practice known as "phishing"). "Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal data. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal data, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal data through email. If you have received or entered personal data in response to a suspicious email, pop-up or phony website claiming to be affiliated with us, please email us from our inquiry page immediately.
We regularly use browser cookies for tracking.
2. Our use of Web Beacons
We also employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Retention of Information
We shall cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable for us to assume that the purpose for which your personal data was collected is no longer served by the retention of the personal data and retention is no longer necessary for our legal or business purposes.
SPIKE WILL TREAT ANY FEEDBACK, EMAILS OR SUGGESTIONS YOU PROVIDE TO US AS NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY.
Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
Unless we have your consent or are required or permitted by applicable laws, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties. We will endeavour to ensure that our employees, officers, agents, consultants and contractors who are involved in the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data will comply with all applicable laws and observe and adhere to the terms of this Policy.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us from our inquiry page.